Friday, July 13, 2012

They pricked him!

Okay so I am starting to think the sleep deprivation is messing with my ears.  They did prick my little guy again today.  Hubby said I must have confused two different conversations. 

The bloods will be sent off on Monday, so hopefully we'll have the results soon.  My little guy was really brave - I am petrified of needles, even more so after that woman got hold of me in hospital, but he did really well.  Just a small cry and it was over.

We also went to have him weighed.  I'm so relieved, he's gained 180 grams in the last 5 days and weighs 2,38kgs now - still tiny but definitely growing.  He was supposed to gain no less than 150 grams by next Monday, over and above his 2,2kgs.

After we got home I pretty much spent the afternoon sleeping, thankfully hubby was working from home so he helped out with feeding and changing - and this afternoon he came to have a snooze with us.  I even got breafast in bed this morning.  Trying to get up was another story though.  I think I was beyond exhausted today. 

A little update on Ashton - he's definitely more alert this week, looking around, sticking his tongue out, pulling faces (shame, I often laugh at him - seems he can't control his facial expressions just yet - some of the expressions are priceless!), lifting his head up when I hold him against my chest burping him, making little noises here and there.

I love my little family xx



No comments:

Post a Comment