Sunday, October 13, 2013

Prayer for Strength & Recovery

My best friend's hubby was involved in a serious accident about three weeks ago.  He was in ICU for almost two weeks, and has had many surgeries since the accident.  I continue to pray for them.  The road to recovery is going to be a long and difficult one, but I know he can do it.  I was in complete disbelief when I heard what happened, and it was such a shock that I actually had nothing to say.  The sad thing is they had been trying for a baby for a long time.  Some of us know how difficult that can be, and then on top of all of that, this happens.

I only went to the hospital the next Saturday, just to see my friend.  People had been showing up expecting to see her husband, which I think is quite selfish considering she had been sitting at the hospital day in and day out waiting for visiting hours while he lay in ICU.  I would expect them to visit her and see how she is doing.  Anyway, she had blood tests done earlier that day, and I shouldn't be sharing this as it is too soon - but she found out that she is pregnant!  The best part is that I was there when she found out.  We cried like two babies!!  She had to ask them to please let her in as she needed to give him some news, and so she told him that she is pregnant.  At first he congratulated her on the news, and then she told him that HE is going to be a daddy.  He processed all this for a moment and then sobbed his heart out.  I am so happy for them, albeit under such sad circumstances.

The thing is, I have known her for many, many years, and to be honest, I can't see her without him in her life.  She would never be the same and I couldn't have dreamed up anyone better for her than him.  I pray for strength for them both.  They have nicknamed him "Iron Man" because he seems to have pulled through.

Talk about a serious wake up call.  Never take the person you love for granted, because you never know what is going to happen.  We are all guilty of doing this, in fact, we do this every day.

So, folks.... seems I have a baby shower to plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment