Monday, August 20, 2012

Hubby's First Pajama Drill

Last week I asked hubby if he could help me with the baby on Friday night because I really needed a good night's rest for my exam on Saturday morning.  His mom came over on Thursday as well to spend some time with Ashton, really love watching her with him, she's such a proud granny.  I had a huge migraine so ended up canceling book club (which I so look forward to every month) and she stayed the night.  Anyway, hubby agreed to help on Friday night.

On Friday morning I was up super early, got some studying done, then the three of us went to the mall (for ice cream!).  I had a Cloud 9, which is ice cream, with cookie dough, peanut butter, chocolate brownie and white chocolate sauce!  Definitely my favourite ice cream spot.  A bit pricey but I reckon we can go once a month for a treat. 

Spent some more time frantically doing revision exercises on Friday night and eventually turned in at 11pm.  Hubby had come to say good night and off he went, pillows in hand to the baby's room.  I did tell him to wake me up if Ashton get's realy niggly.  I guess he decided that I needed my sleep.

Shame, on Saturday morning he was a mess, I went in to check on them, and to take him some tea and say good morning, only to find him passed out under the duvet (with it over his head), the light on, baby plonked in the swing chair with his heady steady and no blanket.  He dressed him in a fluffy babygrow had turned up the heater so the room was like a hot summer's day. I said good morning and got a groan, then he lifted his head out of the duvet and I was greeted with big black rings under his eyes.  My hubby has never really been a night owl, so I kind of expected him to look like this!  He refused the tea, saying he would wake up and all he wanted to do was sleep.
I left for my exam, arrived there really early only to be told it is from 09h00, so I confirmed the venue, went to buy breakfast at the caffeteria, and then sat and twiddled my thumbs until it was time. I decided to leave my books at home, because I had convinced myself, what ever I didn't know by then, I wasn't going to know.  Nine 'o clock came and I made my way to the venue, greeted the room of strangers, found a chair and made myself comfortable.  When the exam started I went blank on question one, then the panic set in.  I totally freaked.  I then wondered if the boys at home were okay and decided to take a deep breath, calm down and carry on with the exam.  I read through the paper 3 times, highlighted important bits and then got down to business.  I finished 5 minutes before the bell went off, third last one to finish.  Now I wait for the results.
Afterwards I went to a birthday party, but got hopelessly lost (1 hour lost), and afterwards I stopped for petrol and paid with my card only to have the machine decline payment... then got sent inside to use another machine.  Thankfully my card worked, but once I was back in the car I got 4 sms' showing petrol money had been deducted. 

By then I was feeling exhausted by the day's events.  I made my way home, what a good feeling to be going home, my bed was calling me.  I stopped to pick up some lunch, and finally got home, only to find hubby passed out, baby in the chair, the house one big mess, and Mil trying to tidy up and organize everything again while keeping an eye on the baby.  Hubby had called his mom to come and help him, suppose it was all a bit much for him to handle, but he did really well.  He slept for most of the afternoon, and was happy that I had gotten some lunch for him, because he had woken up starving. 

I think hubby still has rings under his eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment