Saturday, January 26, 2013

Update - nearly 7 months!

On Monday Ashton will be 7 months old already!  I keep saying I can't believe how quickly the time is going by.  He is developing and doing new things in leaps and bounds, and I couldn't be more proud. 

The most awesome thing, is that Ashton is sitting without support! 

He also leans in to give me kisses, and gives me hugs - my heart just melts at this!  He's been handing out hugs for a while now - or at least his version of a hug, but the kisses are new and he only does it with me!  Last week I held my hands out for him and he tried to lift his arms up to me. 

He has discovered his hands, and smacks down on absolutely everything and is shaking his toys and rattles like mad.  He's also started pointing! Another thing is that he has started rolling around - so this is how he moves around (flip - my baby is moving!), and he's quite fast at doing this as well.

Ashton loves food!  We started with solids in December and it has been going so well so far.  The only thing we found is that he seems to hate peas, to the point that he will vomit.  He still did this after we gave it to him a few times, so we are skipping the peas altogether.

Bath time is always fun, and he loves splashing with his arms and legs - some days I am drenched!

Ashton has lots of tickleish spots and laughs his head off when we tickle him.  We blow raspberries in his neck, and in the fat rolls on his thighs and he goes crazy!

Today at Moms and Babes he threw a tantrum when I took a bell rattle away from him.  I immediately gave it back to him, and he was instantly quiet.  He held on to the thing for most of the class.

We are trying to get him to wave hello and good bye - every morning and afternoon I wave to him. He sometimes lifts his hand but the motion is not there yet - you can see he wants to try.  We are also trying to practice crawling!  He can lift himself up with his arms, and get his bum in the air, but not both at the same time and when you prop him up on his knees he kind of pushes his face into the carpet.  Too funny for words.

What is really nice, is that he is starting to entertain himself.  He can keep himself busy for a good few minutes, which is great!  He's such a friendly, happy little thing - and of course I just love him to bits. 



1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh T, how time flies, he's getting so big, and so clever, and super cute!
    Awesome that you do Moms & Babes classes with him.
    Yay for kisses for mommy!
    xx

    ReplyDelete