Sunday, April 15, 2012

Nursery Project: Before Photos & Getting Started

I've been itching to start decorating the spare room (trying to get used to calling it the nursery), but at the same time wondered if starting it now already is too soon.  I suppose there's no better time like the present, and I like to be organized - I think I have about 3 and a half months to go before baby arrives, so here we go... 


It took us a while to agree on colours. We're not doing a 'themey' or 'matchy' room, so I hope it still turns out nicely.  I'd like the room to have a happy feel.


Here are some pics of the room:



This is what you see when you walk in the door.  The first thing I did was sort out and remove anything from the room that we didn't need - that took a month and a half to get done - I just didn't feel like doing it.  The orange is going to be packed away.  The bed may or may not stay in the room.  Looks more like a store room, doesn't it?  Every time we get something new we just put it in the room.  My dad dropped off the cot last Saturday, so that gave us more 'packing space' for the soft/ small things and the clothes. I've put up some dark grey curtains for now, just a set I had in the cupboard - will look for better ones later once the rest of the room is done.  I'd like to put up some shelves there above the 2 chairs, and maybe also a cool floor lamp in that area.

The view from the window facing the door.  The room is 3,75m long and about 3m wide, so hopefully everything will fit.  

See how full the cot is? 

The bedding we bought the other day - we wanted calm colours for the bedding.  A little duvet cover and pillow set, and a quilt, in grey and white.  Mind you, I think I have a thing for baby blankets.  We already have about 6.  My mom in law is trying to convince me to return some of them and exchange for something else... but I think for now I'll keep them.  A also found a really nice mosquito net in white which we'll put up above the cot. 

Here are some more things taking up floor space - nappies, monitor, wet wipes, bottle, and a carry cot.

 Loved this little yellow clock and the blue lamp...  will still decide where to put them.

Here are a few ideas for the art wall.  I'm on a tight budget, so need to improvise where I can.  Still looking for a few more pictures that won't pixelate too badly if I print them out.  I'd like to frame each print and then hang them up on the wall above the bed.

Here's a pic of the changing station I need to arrange to pick up from my step sister.  The plan here is to paint the top and change the handles...  

No comments:

Post a Comment