Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter & 4D Scan - Incredible!

I can't believe Easter has already come and gone.  April has always been my favourite month with all the holidays, and it's our wedding anniversary in a few days...  

We went for our 4D scan this past Saturday, all I can say is wow.  We took hubby's mom with us, she was so excited, almost more excited than I was.  So special to have had her with us to share this experience.  I had a little easter egg that morning, to get some sugar in and also to celebrate!

BabyG had his face in my placenta, so we struggled for a while before we could see his face.  And what a sight for sore eyes, I think I fell in love with him there and then, if I hadn't already.

The doctor was a bit worried about my amniotic fluid levels, it was low at 7cm when apparently it should be 12 cm.  I phoned my doctor about this and he said not to worry too much, just rest a bit more and drink a bit more, and we'll monitor it again at our next visit on 26th April.  

I'm sad I never got to see our angel baby, or know if it was a little boy or girl, but in the same breath I'm so incredibly happy right now.  I don't think I've ever really been 'happy' if I compare life as it has been, to what I'm feeling now.   

Here are some of the snapshots from Saturday, I'm so amazed, every time I look at them.

Here is my baby boy's leg, fully grown, the length of the entire body plus half the head.


This one shows the nasal bone, upper and lower jaw - no cleft palate.  Can you see the little nostrils?


Holding on to the umbilical chord, not much else to hold on to in there



And finally, we got to see this... I think probably the most beautiful face I've ever seen.  


This one shows the umbilical artery, red = from me to baby, blue = from baby to me, it's high normal, but still normal.


No comments:

Post a Comment