Sunday, April 29, 2012

April Scan! 25 Week Dr Appointment

We went for our monthly appointment on Thursday 26th April.  25 Weeks!  This baby is going to come early.    


Baby boy has been so busy, I feel him move around and kick so often during the day.  On Monday night I felt him above my belly button for the first time.  I pushed there with my finger and felt something hard so poked once or twice... and he actually pushed back twice.  Quite strong too.


Anyway, back to our appointment.  I still have low fluid, and my boy is really big.  The placenta is healthy though, but what he thinks happened I can't really explain properly.  From what I could make out, something about what the placenta does in stage two regarding getting the food to the baby.  I was too busy panicking.  


Dr said we will start steroids next week, on Thursday 3rd May.  I need to have two injections, 12 hours a part.  He first asked if Hubby could inject me, and must have seen my big eyes and said, alternately we can come to the hospital - we'll do that.  I'm also booked off on bed rest for the week.  Dr says we will monitor the baby's weight as well as he is concerned that he will start losing weight at some stage, and if he does he will need to take him out.  


For now we are going to try to get to 32 weeks.  That's in 7 weeks time, on 14 June!  Oh.  My.  I want to keep him in here as long as possible.  I'm supposed to have an exam on 23 June, but I'm sure they'll understand and let me reschedule if anything happens.  June is way early.  I pray that my baby stays put for a while longer. 


I'll see the doc again on 15th May, which is just over two weeks away from our last appointment. 


Everything else with baby boy seems to be ok.  His weight was 886 grams...  the average for 25 weeks is around 660 grams if I remember correctly. 

My poor doc must think I'm a big baby, cause I had a good cry too.  He kept telling me not to stress too much, we will take it step week at a time.  From now on I will need to see him every 2 weeks, unless sooner visits are needed. 

Have to get the baby's room ready in a hurry. 

On the plus side, I could be a mommy sooner than planned.  And more appointments mean I'll get to see him more often.

I went in to work to give in my doctor's note, and finish up on a few things, and when the girls asked me how it went and what was wrong, I had another cry.  I think it's all a bit too much to process, feeling a bit overwhelmed, and worried about my baby.  At the end of the day,  do know that this Dr saved my life, so I trust him with my baby's life.  The girls did manage to get me to have a good laugh, especially when they said the up side is that I'll have less stretch marks!  

Here's a pic of the scan (not very good though), and also the growth chart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment