Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Nursery Project: Preparations & Setting Up The Cot

Today was a long day at the office... and I couldn't wait to get home...  I wanted to do some more work on the baby's room.  I'm not sure if this is nesting, or if nesting involves cleaning and scrubbing, but nevertheless, I enjoyed this.


This is what I've done so far.  Also packed a lot of the things in the cupboard, and cleared the room a bit.  Really hope it turns out nicely, and excited to get it finished. 


I've set up the cot bedding, just quickly to see what it will look like.  Not too bad hey.  Haven't decided if I'll have the bumpers made up, been reading up about it and I'm in two minds at the moment.  Maybe just needs something blue added.  The white bear may or may not stay.

Teddy and toys.


 Close up of the bedding, I love it!

Mozzie net.  I've been looking for an affordable one for white a while.  Done!
Now to find some pretty bunting.

Bought this really cool floor lamp - it looks like a big globe on a pole!  Not sure where I'll put it, but for now I just unpacked it and set it up. 

Some fabric I bought - going to ask MIL to make two covers for cushions for the bed, and lining for the  little baskets that will hold cream, shampoo, etc.  Not bad for R9,00 per m.

These are pillow covers.  Just to add a little colour.

 I folded the blue star fabric over a cushion... can't wait for MIL to help out with the sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment