Saturday, May 12, 2012

Dreams

I think the weirdest part of being pregnant so far is the dreaming.

Some mornings I've woken up asking myself - WHERE did that some from?  Other times I wake up in the middle of the night, tell myself to remember but by morning there is no memory.  I should get a notepad next to my bed, but that's just another thing to try and remember to do.




Here are bits of a few that I could remember:

2nd Trimester:

Been sleeping really well.  Had a few dreams I can't remember, but here are some:


Last night (04/04) I dreamt quite a few things, but I can only remember this part - I was at home, sitting outside with friends, and all of a sudden it got really windy and cold.  I ran inside to close the windows in the nursery, and when I got into the room the curtains were waving around, windows wide open, and my baby was freezing cold!  I felt like a bad mom, and did everything I could do to warm him up.   I was so scared my baby would die from the cold.  Sounds silly hey?

This weekend actually (18/02) - I dreamt I was visiting a children's home around the corner from us.  Nothing new here, I often stop by there.  The house mother greeted me with her usual hug, we chatted about the kids and then she told me about her newest addition.  A baby that survived an abortion.  It was really small, and she was nursing it trying to keep it alive.  I was a bit freaked out and heartsore to see this, even when I woke up.  It's still playing on my mind.  So, where did that come from?    In reality, the housemother has done this before - 2 youngsters rang the bell at her gate and said she must take the baby (failed abortion, aborted at 6 months pregnant).  She refused and said they first had to bring a letter from the welfare.  They returned with the baby and the letter (I didn't ask how the baby was being carried and in what).  She cleaned out an old 5L oil container, lined it with cotton wool and padding and nursed that baby.  That little girl will be 3 years old this year and she is such a precious child.

(end Feb) Recently I had a dream that I was in the bush somewhere, and there was a pack of wolves trying to attack me.  I was trying to save a puppy.  I turned my back to them to protect the puppy, and when they pounced, I woke up.  Okay, somehow that sounds cliche.


This last week (11 May) there were 3 nights that I woke up during the night due to bad dreams.  I can't remember all the details, but on Tuesday night I dreamt I had no money in my bank account, and I couldn't by food for my baby.  I was stressing about how I was going to get some money.  Not a nice feeling.  Made me think of all the people out there with a permanent struggle to make ends meat.  That feeling in my dream of not being able to provide for my child is something I never want to experience.  On Wednesday night, I had the most terrible dream, I dreamt my husband died.  I remember seeing myself crying my heart out, that my baby would never get to meet him.  Needless to say I couldn't go back to sleep after that, so Wednesday was a long day at work, and I was exhausted.  On Thursday night again I woke up, but I can't remember what the dream was about.  I just remember feeling sweaty.

First Trimester:

I tossed and turned for quite a few nights.  Some nights I woke up right throughout the night due to the strange dreams.

In one I was a special agent, there was a dog and a cat and a beautiful house.  And we had guns.  

In another I was attending a family reunion at a cabin lodge near the ocean.  The lodge was called "The Earth".  I went for a walk down the road, which was long and winding, and got lost.  Ended up somewhere at another house.  I took a shower in the bathroom (which had royal blue and black tiles, laid out in a chevron pattern, with funky accessories), but there were no blinds or curtains so I had to shower in the dark.  I could see out the window and familiar people were sitting at some of the tables downstairs.  I got out, dried myself off and got dressed into a yellow party dress, one with polka dots and all.  And some red satin shoes.  I realized it was getting late and had to try and find my way back.  I found the long winding road again and made my way back in what I felt had to be the right direction.  The shoes were starting to hurt my feet.  I went around a bend in the road, and on the right was a little house/ cabin with a bunch of boys standing in the road out front.  They were all wearing black.  I continued walking on the left of the road, and they saw me (all colourful, how could they miss me).  They started calling me and running after me so I ran, I had to kick my shoes off to run faster.  Eventually I got back to where I started.  I had to try and cross the road, but cars were speeding down it.  A few times I felt it was time to cross I had to hold back.  I waited, and then took my chances and ran.  Not only was the road long, it was wide as well.  On the other side I bumped into a guy who asked me where I was going, and I told him I'm looking for "the Earth".  He said I am here, and he will show me where to go but in return I need to buy him 5 shots of chilled brandy from the bar.  I could buy 5 chilled shots for R200.  Where did that come from?

Hubby's dream:
He shared a dream he had with me.  He said he thinks he knows what it's about.  He was driving around a corner, not going fast, and lost control of the car.  It flew up and around and landed on it's wheels on the grass between the trees.  He pulled down the side, used someone's driveway and got back on the road again.  He couldn't get back to sleep and was tossing and turning till about 5 and then slept till his alarm went off, which wasn't great sleep.  He said he thinks his mind is worried about losing control over his life journey, but he knows you can't control things even through you want to.  He feels his mind is telling him to just let things happen, not everything that seems bad at the time turns out badly.  Even after losing control in his dream, everything was fine.  Scary and relief at the same time, which was weird.


Another one:
I dreamt I was on a road trip, and the baby was in the car!  I made a pit stop for a loo break and to feed and change the baby, so I got out the car, slung my bags over my shoulder, unclipped the car seat and made my way in to the place, squeezing past people sitting at the tables and chairs out front.  I got into the bathroom, and headed into the first open cubicle. It was tiny!  Barely space to do anything else other than sit on the toilet, with a tiny basin and vanity.  I had a cover over the car seat and lifted it to look at my baby, such a beautiful little face with big bright eyes and blonde hair, almost angelic.  That's all I remember!


Will keep updating this post, as they happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment