Thursday, May 3, 2012

Injections - first shots done

I realized again this morning what a big baby I am. The needle itself was fine, but the meds burnt!  I'm still grumpy, but I know it's all for a good cause.  I didn't sleep much last night I was so nervous, I really hate injections.  I'm poep scared of injections and of worms, in case you never knew.

It took us forever to get there, the traffic was a nightmare. Hubby is working from home today so that he could go with me. We went to pick up the meds from the dispensary, and the lady there was really sweet.  Telling us she had to have the same thing and everything would be fine.

Then we went up to the labour ward. We rang the bell a few times cause we couldn't just walk in.  When we got in, we handed over the meds to the nurse and hubby had to go downstairs to open an NST file whatever that means.  I went through to delivery room one, and was left alone while the nurse (I think that's what she was) went to sort out the needles.  I looked around at everything, saw some interesting and weird things.  She then came back and strapped me up and I lay there for about 20 mins listening to baby's heart beat while waiting for hubby to get back.  My dr also popped in to say hi - he was about to go to theatre and she told him I was there.  Everything was good with baby boy's heart beat.  He even kicked up against the monitor a few times!  Baby's kicks are getting stronger and stronger, if I hadn't known he is a boy I would have guessed so by now.  I haven't felt any pain yet though, but I have noticed my belly jump every now and then, especially with my laptop on my "lap".


She then felt my belly and made some comments, you could see she's done this thousands of times before.

Ok the injection - hubby walked in just in time -  I had to phone him first to see where he was and why he was gone for so long.  I turned on my side and gripped onto the rail. By now he was laughing.  She started injecting the needle and I flinched, and hubby laughed some more - I think he enjoyed seeing this.  The meds burnt like crazy, and yes I'm probably a baby for saying it.  And then we were done!

Basically, the reason he took so long is because he was chatting to them about my 'situation' and what NST meant.  In short - the hospital is now ready for me and the paperwork is all taken care of in case I need to go in.  So no need to go back to book a bed, it's all done. 

Back tonight for round two. 

I was feeling sorry for myself, I asked to go and get me some chocolate to make me feel better.  It worked :)


Here are 2 pics from the delivery room... not as cold and as scary as I imagined.



No comments:

Post a Comment