Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Letter to My Boy

It's Mother's Day today and my heart is so happy it could burst - I can't wait to meet my son.  It feels like I  gotten to know this little boy so well already that I should recognize him when they hand him to me.  


I have felt him move and kick so many times already, and the best part is that for now he's just mine.  How difficult is it to let them into the world where you can't protect them from everything, and where you have to share them with others?  


To my little boy,


I've been waiting and praying for you for so long, and this year we were blessed. 


I loved you from the very moment I suspected you were here, and I worried about whether or not we would get to keep you. 

I promise you that I will be the best mom that I can be.  I want you to know what it feels like to be loved.  As much as I wish you will grow up to be the perfect man, the truth is we can only give you guidance and instill in you the values and principles that were instilled in us.  One day the choices you will make will be your own but I pray that you will grow up to be gentle, and that you will know right from wrong. 


Your daddy is the most incredible man, and I pray that you grow up to be a little like him, but that you will still be your own person.  He's strong, kind and gentle - I just know he is going to be an amazing father to you.  We've had our tough times, and ups and downs, but our relationship is that much stronger because of it.  I can't wait for you to get to know him, you are going to love him.


They say the first woman a little boy falls in love with is his mom.  I am so excited for the day we get to meet you, and for the day I get to hear you call me 'Mommy'.  You have stolen a place in my heart that was empty. 


I love you my baby boy. 


Your mommy
  
"Lord, build me a son, who will be strong enough to know when he is weak, and brave enough to face himself when he is afraid, one will be proud and unbending in honest defeat, and humble and gentle in victory."



1 comment: