Monday, August 20, 2012

Holding a New Baby

I've held babies before, and have always loved it (provided they were not screaming or crying), but since becoming a mom I think something has changed.

I went to visit a friend yesterday, she had just had her baby and I got to hold her.   The most beautiful, precious, tiny baby girl.  I can't explain the feeling I got, just that it was way stronger than ever before.  This was the first time I had held another newborn baby since having mine.  I think I melted. 

She was born at 37 weeks, 46 cms and around 2,2kgs - not far off on Ashton (he was born at 34 weeks, 48cms and 2,34kgs).  I kept staring down at that little bundle of pink thinking back to when Ashton was just born.  How tiny he was, just like this baby.  The little face that was smaller than the palm of my hand.  It's unreal how quickly we get used to our little ones, and how very quickly they grow, and change.  It's a reminder to enjoy every moment we have with them.

If I think about it, I got to have my baby for 6 weeks longer than the norm, and I've said this before, but I am still so amazed that they can be born so early and be so perfectly formed, even if so small.

I almost felt broody.  Actually, I think I did melt. 

1 comment:

  1. There is just something amazing and miraculous about a newborn, hey! Pity that stage goes by in the blink of an eye!
    xx

    ReplyDelete