Sunday, August 26, 2012

8 Weeks and Counting

I took Ashton for his 8 week checkup today. I also had my 6 week checkup at 11am (yes I am 2 weeks late). They are in the same building.

My appointment went well - The doctor asked a few questions, and did a scan on me and said "Okay, I see you are not pregnant, which is good" - I think for the first time I was relieved to hear that! We chatted for a while, about pregnancy and he said he felt so bad for us for trying for so long. He said it took him a long time to forget about my emergency surgery. He said he kept remembering how blue my face was, and that I told him "please don't let me die". The poor man! Anyway, he got to hold Ashton for a bit and even posed for a photo. Smiles all around. Both him and his receptionist said Ashton looks like Kevin! So it must be true, because everyone is saying that...

Ashton's appointment was at 1:15pm. I got there early and it was utter chaos. I said I'd sit and wait, but they sent me away and said I have to come back later grrr. And phone before I come. I had to feed and change my baby in the car. We then had a snooze while we waited for the time to pass. I turned the aircon on every now and then, it was quite warm out today. Snotty women. Anyway my phone died so I couldn't call. I went back at 1:45pm. Less chaos. Paed was running late. I finally got to go through to her room at 3:00pm only for her to run out to the hospital due to problems with a caesarian. Grrr. She was back by 3:30. I was given tea while I waited, and when she returned she offered me some biscuits which of course I helped myself to. Paying a fortune to be there, might as well make the most of it.

Anyway, she's very happy with Ashton. His pinky finger on his right hand isn't a worry just yet, she said it's just a quirk, and likely genetic. We must just keep an eye on it. So one of our families must have weird pinky fingers.

He weighs 4,58 kgs now and is 55 cms in length. Starting to grow like a weed, no wonder we have upped his formula so drastically. He's still considered small, but doing really well on the whole.

What a relief. So happy.

Oh, and I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Well, considering I weighed this much, then lost 5 to 6 kgs, then gained a bit... just have a really wobbly tummy and love handles.

Else, we've had a few rough nights. Earlier this week, there was a suicide hour (or suicide night). He cried and cried and there was nothing I could do to console him. Kevin came in and took him from me, and he stopped. Just like that. I then burst into tears and came downstairs to make tea. Hubby calmed him down and when he got downstairs we chatted and he said we are a team and I shouldn't feel bad about what happened.

Hubby's dad popped in last weekend, we were alone in the baby's room and he told me he's been wanting to tell me something. I asked him what it is and he said "Thank you for giving me a grandson" and a big bear hug!  I just teared up.  Wish my family was as interested and wanted to be as big a part of Ashton's life as hubby's family does.  I feel so sad about this, but there is nothing I can do to change it.  I keep phoning, messaging, emailing photos.  My dad has visited twice, and didn't even come to the hospital, yet has visited his girlfriend's daughter's husband in hospital for 116 days in a row.  I just don't understand.  It really hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment