Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Nursery Ideas

I haven't done much for the baby's room yet.  Right now it looks more like a store room than anything else, the pram and stack of nappies the only tell tell sign.  And there's a big old double bed in there as well, which is staying in the room. 


Been racking my brains about a theme, and colours.  And would you believe it we just couldn't agree on either.  I wanted elephants.  He wanted cars.  So we've compromised on both, and agreed on an aqua and yellow room with a colourful art wall.  We also spoke about putting up some vintage comic images - now to try and find them.  Else I'll have to get DIY'ing, and fast.  I think time is going to start running out before I know it - considering this has been the quickest 4,5 months of my life.

Here are the pictures of rooms in these colours which I saved for inspiration, taken from all over the web.  I just love the blues, yellows, greys, white and a bit of black.  Wish me luck for project Nursery.  I hope I can get the room to look half as gorgeous as some of these pictures.


Here are some gorgeous fabrics - I need to get to a fabric shop and see what I can find, hopefully stuff in similar colours etc.

And here is some furniture for inspiration.  Again, I love the aqua and yellow.  Also love the detail on those tressels - need to do test that out on something.

Okay so now that I've put all of these together, time to get cracking.  I was so excited about decorating the room that I didn't sleep last night and then, all of a sudden the alarm went off to get up for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment