Sunday, March 20, 2011

Distractions...

I haven't really had time for much over the last few weeks, other than work. It's madness at the office, but it's a differenet kind of stress, the stress of making things happen, which I can deal with...  and there is so much going on. 
This morning I realized I haven't really written anything in a while.  Here's an update, can't promise it will be quick:


It's 4 weeks to go till our Thailand holiday, we can't wait.  I've been so busy at work I haven't really had the time to feel excited, but this weekend it started!  I got a new passport in my married name (silly me for booking tickets and forgetting about my existing passport being in my maiden name), with a nice photo mind you.  It took about 2 weeks and it was ready, I was so impressed.  Still have to print out all our confirmation letters and my planned itinerary of things I'd love us to do (which I'll post some time), get DH's name changed on his ticket, they made a mistake when booking it, think of what to pack, and make sure all the loose ends at work have been tied up.


I bought my dress for the September wedding last month, it's gorgeous.  I loved it so much I wanted to buy one in purple too.  I haven't bought another one yet becuase I'm trying to save for our holiday.  Maybe I'll find something similar there... It's called "the dress" - it's one dress that you can wear 11 different ways, so very clever and in my opinion a good thing to have.  I will post a photo of this too, if I remember.


Lately I've been seriously thinking about doing a course in Graphic Design (it's always been my dream, the only one I can remember) - I'm so inspired at work, I would love to have some little part of the magic.  Need to save a bit, and start looking for places offering part time courses.  I'll have the money when our offices move to Jhb, meaning when petrol costs me less.  Our offices are very likely moving to Jhb soon - we have potentially found a location in Parktown North, much closer to home. More news on that later.  I'd also love to do photography.  DH told me I can maybe use SIL's camera, but man alive, I need to have my own one!


Besides enjoying work (who would have thought), I started doing pilates on 28 February.  It's going well.  I really enjoy it, so much so that I go twice a week.  



As I sit here now, I'm on CD35, no sign of AF.  I started charting my temperature this cycle, but I did a half job, starting half way through on CD15 so I can't really take anything from it. 
I've done some HPTs, all negative might I add.  One on 16, one on 18, one yesterday.  Of course, I have run through all the "symptoms" I've had. 


Frequent trips to the loo, gagging at the thought of tiger prawns in Thailand (I compared them to grey garden snails for some reason, VOMIT!), very moody, been tired (a few days exhausted, but mostly just tired), my boobs feel a bit perkier (yay!), feeling hot during the night, sweating in my summer pajamas (gross!), strong sense of smell (but given, this was a waste truck the other day, I looked at the liquid dripping out from the back and wanted to gag right there), I've had GAS (lots of it), feeling hungry for rubbish (well this is how I normally feel), I had stabbing pains and cramps in my lower abdomen on Thursday afternoon at work (though AF was coming), feels like everything I eat falls right through me like a sieve, been dizzy, like seeing stars.  Yesterday I had some light cramping, and AF still hasn't shown up.  My last cycle started on 14 February, and today is 20 March.  Something's up what ever it is, and do I even need to say I'm worried?  No, not worried, scared!   I wonder if exercising has delayed it?  I don't see how I could be because it's kind of been a dry month.  


Don't you think googling is the worst thing you can do sometimes?  See for yourself.  Possible reasons why af is missing in action could be: Early Ovulatory Failure - ie. your ovaries have stopped working - freaaak!, Not getting enough to eat (can't be!), Anovulation (hmmm) - I just closed my browser.  Better I think.


Oh, I almost forgot!  I'm going to be a model!  LOL.
A friend's mom has her own modelling agency, and she needs some real brides to pose in wedding dresses.  I jokingly said sure, if you want love handles, count me in.  I'm in.  Haha.  It's going to be on the 27 March, in Pretoria somewhere.  Hope I get to see the pictures!  Wish me luck.  Those dresses better be beautiful, I'm not wearing taffeta and other rubbish.  And I don't like tiaras.

That's all for now, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment