Thursday, March 24, 2011

Crafternoons!

I never wrote about this, but have been meaning to.  Some days we have "crafternoons" at work, where someone basically hosts a workshop and teaches the rest how to do something, be it painting in water colour, drawing, etc.  We had another crafternoon today, so I decided this post was now long overdue.


I joined the water colour crafternoon a few weeks back, and ended up having so much fun!  I'm just not 100% happy using water colour - I think it's because it feels so uncontrolled (yes, I suppose at times I can be a control freak).  Maybe I need to try it more often.  Still had fun painting though.  


Here's what we did at the first water colour workshop - learning about the basics, and washes, controlling the brush, and then we had to paint a leaf.  Here's a sneak peak:



The next one I missed, but at the third one we had to copy something out of a book.  I picked up a book of Eileen Gray's work and just picked this picture.  We also introduced charcoal.  I think this is horrible, but I'll share it anyway:



Today's workshop was about the basics of illustration or drawing.  We each had to draw a stick man, and from there we spent more attention on the detail - we then had to draw a face, and then eyes.  Here's a sneak peak from today, we just used pencil:




So, when last did you just draw something, or paint something?  Note to self - I really should do this more often.

2 comments:

  1. WOW Tarryn!
    you are a closet artist!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *blush* thank you Karin. I'm so rusty after so many years - and life just takes over. I really enjoy painting and drawing, it was nice to be reminded.

    ReplyDelete