Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Some things to remember, some to forget...


Updated:  These are some old "diary entries" some that I wrote during my pregnancy. Some things are to remember, and some are to forget, but also worth keeping. 
January 5 2010

I first did a home pregnancy test on 27th December 2009, four days before my monthlies were due. It was negative. It had been 4 months trying already, and I thought oh well, another clean start. I still had a few tests left (amazing how many you NEED to buy at one time, at least I was getting clubcard points!). 

I did another test (just for fun) on the 29th December, 2 days before my monthlies were due. I saw a faint faint line, ran upstairs to show DH, with a fat smile on my face) and he wasn’t convinced. It was so faint I was beginning to wonder if I had imagined it. I couldn’t have imagined it, could I? Needless to say I tossed the first test. On 31st December we were about to leave for a short break over New Year's, I quickly used my last test before we packed the car to go. Another positive line!!! Surely I couldn’t have imagined both? I didn’t tell DH for fear he would dismiss it as he did with the last one, but took a snapshot with my phone. I showed him the picture a few days later and we were both rather excited.
We returned home on Sunday, 3rd January – I rushed out again to buy some more tests (3) and did another one right away. Another postive line. Just to be sure I did another one on Monday morning, before work, and after seeing yet another positive line, I phoned to make a doctors appointment for Tuesday.

DH and I both went to the doc at 08h00, she took bloods and said they would call back in a few hours. They didn’t call. How frustrating. If I didn’t phone casualty myself and ask a nurse for some help I would probably still not have heard from them. The nurse phoned me back at 4:00 pm to say yes, it is confirmed!!!! I’m pregnant! I knew it, but the bloods just confirmed it, and got DH to believe me! Ugly jab from the needle, it was so bruised!
Thursday, 7 January 2010

Last night was the first night I got up twice to go to the loo. This is going to be fun. I believe it’s Nature’s way of preparing you for baby’s arrival! Still haven’t had any “morning sickness”, hoping I’m lucky!
Tuesday, 12 January 2010

Had some bleeding tonight, got such a fright, DH took me to Casualties at a Clinic. They weren’t really helpful at all, a radiologist came in and did a sonar but he couldnt’ see anything at all not even a sac. He said either it is too soon to see anything and to tell if anything is wrong, or my pregnancy isn’t viable. Nice, oh and were meant to go back in the morning to see a gynae, with R1000 cash. They didn’t even take bloods to make sure that I am okay. I’m sure they were meant to check my levels or something. And, January being the longest month of the year, I was a little broke, and couldn’t afford to pay the thousand rand. Wonder why they wouldn’t accept our medical aid card. It was, after all, an “emergency”. We got home really late, I didn’t feel any better, or at ease. I just feel that something might be wrong. I prayed to God and begged him to make sure that everything is okay. I promised I would be a better person, I need this.
Wednesday, 13 January 2010

Had some spotting today, brown stuff. I’m so worried. DH phoned the doctors rooms to get my HCG level from my blood test last week. They said it was 804.9, that I should rest, and wait for my appointment.
Thursday, 14 January 2010

More spotting today, also brown. This evening it was pink. I hope everything is okay. A few more days till 4th February. I’m actually hoping for morning sickness.
Friday, 15 January 2010

So the night before last night, DH made some fish (the crumbed sort), and a salad.

I wanted some veg, so I quickly did some cauliflower, and then wanted cheese sauce so I made some. When we started eating, I so didn’t feel like fish and salad, so I had all the cauliflower and cheese sauce.

Then last night I wanted fish, and beetroot salad. I asked DH to grate some onion so I could mix it with the beetroot.

So all I ate last night was a piece of fish and beetroot/onion salad.

I’m having some cramps today, nothing unbearable but just uncomfortable.
Saturday, 16 January 2010

How does one choose a name?
Do you go for a name with a great meaning, or do you just go with a name you like?

We’ve started chatting about names and had some laughs, DH said let’s call ours “WALL-E”
Bear in mind this was in bed last night before he fell asleep. I don’t think so. What a card he is!
Sunday, 17 January 2010

I had a nap yesteray afternoon and woke up early evening, the smell of popcorn actually woke me up. It was a YUMMY smell. So I went downstairs, and hubby was kind enough to have put some aside for me. I had about a handful and then the smell was so bad I had to put the 2 bowls in the kitchen. Yugggggggghhhhhh! I love(d) popcorn.
Tuesday, 19 January 2010

Can’t stop yawning… at all!
I’ve been yawning all day, all along, but TODAY is just over the top.
I must be yawning like 20 times a minute!

I feel happy though. Not long before our appointment.
Thursday, 21 January 2010

Two weeks to go till our appointment. I can’t wait, I know it’s bad to wish your life away but I just want to get this over with and know that everything is ok.


Thursday, 28 January 2010
So I woke up (ok more like dragged myself out of the bed), crab walked to the shower with japanese eyes and did my thing. When I got out of the bathroom, I came through the door and there was DH busy as ever on the computer.

Do you know what he was doing?

Downloading “baby einstein” – while this is very sweet, and it is, I felt myself thinking “OH HORROR is this what I am expected to listen to for the next few months?”.


Sunday, 31 January 2010
I was reading an update on baby’s development to DH, and got to the part about the heart starting to beat stronger. All of a sudden he jumps up off of the couch, comes over to me and tells me to put the laptop down next to me. I was so confused. He put his head on my tummy to now try to “hear” the stronger heartbeat. Priceless moments. Men are so excluded from the whole experience.

Monday, 1 February 2010
A few notes about today:

1) I made my first baby purchase - I couldn't help it.

2) The bank no longer “owns” my car. I paid the last installment today. 

3) I’m so excited, worried and nervous for Thursday’s appointment. I am terrified that there will be something wrong but in the same breath I am trying to be positive. I have prayed for hope, and strength to handle what ever comes our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment