Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Home Sweet Home


I can’t remember what time it was when I got home from the hospital. Everything was surreal.

I do remember that my mom was flying up to spend a few days with us and take care of me. We got home from the hospital and DH helped me get upstairs and into bed. I was so thankful that our bed is a little higher than normal, but getting into it was still almost impossible. He stayed with me for a while, set up the internet for me so I could keep myself busy, and then left for the airport. As soon as the door closed I felt the tears streaming down my face.

I started researching what had just happened to me, still trying to comprehend what I had been through. I clicked onto a poem online somewhere. I think I would have cried my heart out, if part of it was not already missing.

This is the poem:


I cried, and cried. I wanted to get it all out before DH came home with my mom, but it hurt to cry. I curled up on my side, hugging onto a pillow. I felt empty, and broken. My only child of this world is gone, but I am here. It’s bittersweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment