Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Life As We Know It...

Very soon, life as we know it is going to be changed forever.  


In 8 days, my miracle baby boy will be born, and although he will be 6 weeks early, we can't wait to finally have him here with us.  I pray that he will be born healthy, and without any serious problems.  I know I am in the best hands with regards to the surgery, my doctor saved my life once before so I trust him completely.   


We went on a tour of the hospital yesterday afternoon, and all of a sudden this all started feeling so real.  We got to see the labour wards, the nursery, a slight glimpse of the theatre and the post natal wards.  I wish we had some extra money so I could have a nice room to be by myself, but I'll make do with the general ward, it's actually not that bad at all.


We did our 'final' shopping on Saturday morning...  and we managed to get everything except for preemie baby grows, which I found the day before yesterday - to fit babies up to 2,5kg.  One would think these would be easier to find.  I must say I've noticed hubby's been far more protective since Saturday.  He wouldn't let me stand too close to anyone in case they bumped into me, or knocked me over... even walking through busy parts he would walk first, making me follow.  I wonder what he's feeling, and what he's thinking...  he doesn't say too much, but I do know that he is ecstatic and also cannot wait to meet our son.


On a positive note, we finally settled on an agreement at work.  I'm getting a retrenchment package, and all the paperwork has been sorted out and signed, including my UIF documents.  My last day of work is Monday, 25th June, and then I become a stay at home wife and mom.  I'll start looking for a new job in September, depending on how it goes with our little boy.  I've been so stressed about being unemployed and about finances, I almost couldn't think straight.  


My mom really wants to come and visit us, but she's still not 100% health wise.  She does sound so much better on the phone - not her old self though.  She was talking about taking the bus.  I worry about her so much.  I feel that a bus ride is too long for her in her condition, and that she shouldn't come up until she's made a good recovery, I would hate if something had to happen while she's here and have to take her to a government hospital.  I also know she still has a lot of doctors' visits ahead of her so she needs to go to them.


On Friday night I had a good cry.  I have been so stressed about money, work, my mom and baby.   Hubby and I also had a serious budget meeting, which ended up in us having a good laugh - I really needed that.  We worked through everything and he reassured me that we will be ok.  I am putting my worries aside, and trust that by God's grace, everything will work out just fine.


This Saturday is my final bookkeeping exam - yes I've stuck it out.  I actually got 75% for my test, which counts as 40% of the final mark.  I haven't had much time to study given the stuff going on, but I am sure I will be just fine.


Sunday is our maternity shoot - which I'm really looking forward to.  I've also booked our newborn shoot which will be done at the hospital - I'm so, so excited for this.


Yes, although our arms have been empty for such a long time wanting a baby of our own, one of our biggest dreams is about to come true.  I cannot wait for the moment my tiny miracle will be handed to me.  He's already anchored in my heart.


Life as we know it... 
Everything will change :)

No comments:

Post a Comment