Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Blessed with Amazing Friends

Last night two friends and I had made arrangements to have dinner at me.  We planned to get chinese take aways from our favourite spot, and just enjoy the evening together, chatting and spending some girl time together.


There were a few surprises, and I love them for doing what they did.  


There was chinese food (enough to feed an army), home made virgin pina coladas (my absolute favourite cocktail),  home made cupcakes, and - I got spoilt with a pedi.  Just yesterday morning I was getting dressed for work and looked down to see my toe nails - every single one in need of desperate attention.  Can't remember when last I painted them, and I can't reach them any more any way.  The polish had started wearing off, really badly but now they are all pretty again and painted blue!


I had such a fantastic evening.  So blessed to have such amazing friends, they are so special to me.  The last few weeks have been really rough, and after last night I feel wonderful, albeit a bit tired - it was so worth it.  We must spent the most part of the evening laughing, about all sorts of things, and all sorts of stories.


Hubby also joined in for chinese, and then he went to watch his soccer match in bed.  At eleven he popped his head down stairs and said he knows we're all having fun, but it's nearly 12 and I'm going to be tired in the morning.  We all giggled, and said 'yes dad' back to him.  I eventually got to bed just after 12.







No comments:

Post a Comment