Sunday, February 19, 2012

Busy As A Bee - On The Home Front

I've been so busy with life and everything else, but stopped for a moment in between to catch my breath.  I've got so much to blog about...


My puppies have gone to their new homes, all except for one.  Having hand reared them and done the pajama drill for weeks, it was really sad seeing them go.  I know they will be loved and well looked after and that is all I wanted for them.  Our little girl is a cheeky little thing, but sweet at the same time just like her mom.  We've named her Pepper - which suits her personality down to the colour of her fur.


I realized the other day that I'm nearly four months pregnant.  How did the time go by so quickly?  When am I supposed to start 'feeling' pregnant?  Right now I just feel like the old me, but without getting one or two pairs of pants of my favourite pants to zip up.


Food?  I'm off meat, egg, and anything that doesn't look nice.  No sweets or chocolates because they are just too sweet.  So my eating habits have become a bit healthier.  My staple diet has become a mix of tuna pasta, cheese and tomato sandwiches, mangos, watermelon, green apples and butternut and feta canneloni.  And milk.


I often wake up in the morning and ask myself - WHERE did that strange dream come from?  I'll have to do a separate post on the dreams.  


Oh and I peed myself last weekend.  That was a new experience.  To be fair, I was busy praising the porcelain queen.  I woke up with a migraine, and asked hubby to get me 2 panados and water.   They came up just as quickly as I swallowed them.  I had to take the rug down to the kitchen to be washed, and hubby asked me why I was carrying it at the tip.  Blushing, I told him what happened.  The look on his face was priceless.  He said he's sorry that happened and he'd love to give me a hug but he thinks I need to go and have a bath.  Nice.


Our supply of baby goods is increasing slowly.  Which reminds me I have to tidy out the spare room.  I have been nagged about doing that for weeks now already but I just don't feel like it.  We bought a Loola pram, which came with the car seat, a base and a rain shield.  Seemed simple clicking it up in to place to test, and packing it in the car.  Until we got home.  Poor hubby struggled to get the thing set up.  I had a good giggle.  Mind you I haven't tried either.  My step sis also gave us their old car seat, so now we have one for each car, and she gave us her baby monitor.  I'm so thankful for that, will save us a pretty penny.


I haven't felt any movement yet.  This is going to sound silly, but sometimes I sit really still and focus, to try and feel something.  Some nights I lie with my tummy on my hands to try and feel something.  I'm sure it will come, plus I don't really know what to look out for.  My belly is a bit bigger, but not by much.  


Our next appointment with the doctor is on 2 March - I should be around 17 weeks or so.


All of that said, I still feel so blessed to have been given this little miracle, which I give thanks for every single day.


No comments:

Post a Comment