Friday, December 30, 2011

The first inkling...

It was Friday, 2 December.  I was at work.  A colleague and I popped out for lunch but parked far far away from the shopping centre we were going to so we walked, walked and walked some more.  I felt a bit tired when we got back to her car, but hey I'm unfit, so some exercise can only help.


We got back to the office and I was suddenly starving!  I ordered a Nandos pita, then had a chocolate croissant and a muffin from reception, and then asked our tea lady to go and buy me some more noodles downstairs from Woolies (she had some earlier that week and they smelled divine so two of us asked her to go and get for us).  After the noodles I was still starving - and then thought WTH is wrong with me?


On Saturday, 3 December I went to pick up some groceries and some fruit.  To my surprize I noticed the noodles were on special, 4 packets for R20.  I bought a bag full.  Arrived home and made myself some noodles.  Kevin was wondering why I had bought so many, but after my convincing him of how delicious they are I made some for him too.  He still says they weren't so great.  I told him he had no taste!  By groceries and fruit I actually meant noodles and grapes.


I also stopped by Clicks to buy a pregnancy test as I've had some tenderness for the last 2 weeks.  I did my thing, looked at the stick and saw nothing, and thought 'okay shouldn't be long now then af will be here', finished up and as I got up I looked again and there it was, my 2nd line!  My initial thought was oh shit.  I sms'd Kevin to ask him where he was and a few minutes later he arrived home.


He was in the kitchen and I walked in and said, my boobs have been sore for a while and I've been loving those noodles so I did a pregnancy test just to be sure.  So he said okay.  I then said 'and it's positive' - he smiled!  I told him not to smile, we don't know if something is wrong.


I did another test on Sunday morning, same result!


The Monday was our year end function at work, I phoned the doctor and he faxed me a form for rush bloods... and had those done on Monday night.  The rest I think I've already written about.


And that was the first inkling.

No comments:

Post a Comment