Thursday, December 15, 2011

Good-Bye Nunu, 14 December 2011

Good-bye Nunu.  I'll never forget how when I got out of hospital for 6 weeks you never leave my side.  You were the little heartbeat at my feet and now you're buried in my heart.  I've never felt more alone that I did the moment I found out you are gone.  Life won't be the same without you.  You were our first 'baby' together and you became our child when we couldn't have our own.  


I remember the far drive out to Brits to bring you home, Daddy was upset because we had to take his new car on a dirt road with rocks and potholes, but when he saw you he forgot all about that.   It was so worth the drive.  I found you on gumtree, and you were the only puppy your mommy had.  We had just bought our first home together and you were our first 'baby'.  You've been with us nearly as long as we've lived here.


You were so tiny you fit into the palm of my hand but no matter how small, you were so adventurous and so brave.  I remember when you jumped from daddy's hand onto my leg.  We almost had a heart attack.  


Daddy carried you around in his gown pocket until you grew too big to fit in there.  You loved his gown, even when the pocket became too small you would paw at us to let you in.


You loved cheese, chicken and tummy scratches, playing ball and your bikkies.  You just loved being loved and everyone loved you too.  You were always there with me.  Everywhere I went, my little shadow followed.


Daddy and I miss you so incredibly and you've only been gone since yesterday.  I know you know we are looking after your babies, you were quietly watching us on Monday night.  I wish I held you for just a little bit longer and that you didn't have to leave us.  Love you my Nunu.   




No comments:

Post a Comment