Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Cherry blossom dreams...

Soon my sister in law will be leaving for Japan.  What a wonderful opportunity!  I'm so happy for her and really hope that she will feel at home over there.  I would really love it if we could visit her one day, in Spring, to see the cherry blossom trees!  I think initially she's going over for a year, and then if she wants to stay she will need to get approval from the committee.  She's going over there to teach English.  I'm so excited for her!!!  


We met for lunch at a Thai restaurant recently, and it was really nice chatting and hearing about everything she's learnt so far, including what to do, what not to do, how to dress, and how to greet and bow.  She said staple diet will be rice, noodles, veggies and sushi.  Apparently she would need to bow lower than her elders.  I hope she will be able to bow nicely, she's quite tall! I also heard that most the keypads at the ATMs are in Japanese!  Hope she learns quick quick.  Imagine being stranded with your new bank card, and no idea how to get your money?


Here are some photos I found on photobucket, doesn't it look beautiful?  I can't wait to see the actual photos she's going to take when she's there.


No comments:

Post a Comment