Monday, June 28, 2010

Old people are so funny...

..don't you think?

Anyway I went to my dad for a braai on Saturday afternoon, and his mom and step dad were there (they retired to St Helena Bay and got tired and bored of living there so they've just moved back). I don't really know them that well but that's another story.

So we're sitting outside chatting and my dad's gf's family and all their kids arrive, and brought her eldest daughter's Peet Ma along, who sat next to my gran and started talking non stop.

Finally she went to the loo and my gran pipes up and says - "fark who is that woman and how does she fit in here?". "She doesn't stop chatting at all", and... wait for it... then she said, "I must have a kind face, like an old cow, and everyone just wants to talk to me".

Gotta love them!



I really want to spend more time getting to know them, although this probably won't happen.  They've never been around, or even interested.


She was such a laugh, and so funny!  You'd never say she's turning 80 this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment