Monday, October 1, 2012

My precious boy, life as a mom

Have I ever tried to explain just how much I love this little body?  Honestly, I don't think I could ever explain the love I feel for him.  It's like nothing else in this life.

Having been through some really rough days and nights and feeling so broken sometimes because I am so exhausted, I always manage to perk right up when I see his little face light up when he sees me. 

Did motherhood come easily?  Initially it didn't.  I was terrified.  Today though, or for now anyway, I think it is a bit easier.  You just follow your instinct, it really does kick in.  I've learnt not to doubt myself, although in the beginning I doubted abso;utely everything. 

Before I had a baby I never left the house without washing and blow drying my hair.  Never left home without makeup on.  I never had milk stains or gob all over my shirts, but now that I do it's okay.  I never felt at ease in my skin, but somehow I do now.  I was always organized and remembered most things.  These days I forget.  Call it sleep deprivation - actually I never got by on so little sleep.

Motherhood has been the most exhilirating, terrifying, extreme and most wonderful experience.  I've said before that having a baby has been the single most significant experience of my life.

Has it changed me?   Has he changed me? I think so.  I'll probably write a bit more on this topic later on, when I remember to.  What I will say though, is only now do I understand a mother's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment