Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Breastfeeding

This one needed its own post.  Breasfeeding hasn't come easily to me.  It has been nothing less than one huge struggle from the start.  In fact, I'm still struggling - but persisting.

I have tried the jungle juice, even the old wive's tales.

Prolak works, but at R200 a bottle I can't afford it.
Fenugreek is a waste of time.

I finally went the Egynol route (maybe that's to blame for all the tears recently?) and it worked.  Tomorrow I take my last tablets though, so I am now stressing about what is going to happen to my supply. 

I've been expressing, massaging, trying to breastfeed, standing under a hot shower.... ever since Ashton came home, and it's now going on 3 months.  I'll still persist because I really want to breastfeed, but I won't lie it is so frustrating! 

Ashton has been latching really nicely since he hit 3,5kgs, but the last few days he just prefers his bottle.  So I express, and massage, and take tablets, and stand under a hot shower...
Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment