Monday, January 30, 2012

Stress

I've been going through a bit of a stressful time at work since returning in January.  The division is being closed down, and I wasn't sure if I was being retrenched or not.  They couldn't tell me for sure what they were going to do with me - or rather "they don't know what to do with me".  Plus the fact that I'm in the dog box for something every so often, just feels like I'm someone to blame for everything that goes wrong, or doesn't happen - whether I know about it or not.  


Needless to say I went home and burst into tears.  Not just the day I didn't know what was happening with my job, but other days too.  


My hubby was amazing and really supportive during this time and he said if that is the case, so be it.  He would rather have me at home with no job and our baby than sitting at work stressing out like this and who knows what happens.  


Last week (a week later) I sent an email to my boss to say I'd appreciate if he could let me know what the intention is and that I'd much rather prefer to know so that if I am being let go I can start trying to make alternate plans.  The feedback is I'm not being retrenched. Apparently I'll be given a job description too.  


I've been thinking about doing my own thing part time for the last year or so, done quite a bit of research, and writing a plan.  I think recent events have given me the push I needed to give it a shot.  After all, what have I got to lose?  


I'll see what happens at work, but after hearing the news I already had one foot, and my heart out the door.   And I have a feeling that I shouldn't get too comfortable.  Priorities change you see, last year my priorities were mostly work related, but this year, life as I know it will change.  It's not just the two of us to look out for any more... still feels unreal saying that.  But there you have it.  Then there were three.  My family is my number one priority, just as it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment