Sunday, October 13, 2013

Ashton's 1st Birthday

I can't believe I haven't posted an update about Ashton.  He will be 16 months old this month!  Bad mommy.  Anyway, I've been so busy at work, and at the same time I'm struggling to find a work-life balance.  It's difficult to admit, but some days I feel guilt ridden for leaving him home with the nanny, and other days I am happy to leave him with her.  She is great with him and I appreciate her so much.  Sometimes she packs a bag for them and they go for a picnic down at the river.  He loves being outside.

Ashton turned 1 on 28th June, and we had a little bee-day celebration for him.  He started walking a day before his birthday (huge achievement, we were so proud!).  He also said a few words, like dadda, dad, bird, out, and started pointing at things.  He didn't say mama too often, but the once or twice he did my heart fluttered in delight. 

Here are some pictures from his birthday, taken by Karin Meiring Photography - stunning pictures!








No comments:

Post a Comment