Sunday, December 19, 2010

HUH.

My mom and I went to the Klein Karoo Medi Clinic this morning, so that I could have bloods done.  I specifically wanted the beta hcg, the one that can check any levels of hcg in the blood.  Their service was really quick, and really great, however we were the only people there, imagine that. 


We sat for about 5 minutes, then a nurse came out to call us into the consulting room.  I explained to her that I need the beta hcg test but I haven't seen a doctor to refer us and gave a short summary of my history, and also said that in Jhb you need a doctor's referral for them to do the test.  She said no problem and phoned a doctor to get his ok quick, and then called someone to come and draw the blood.  Ouch, I hate needles!  It was over quick enough though, and then she went to phone the lab lady who came in especially to run my blood.  I filled in a form afterwards and she said it would take up to an hour, so we sat and waited.  50 Minutes later the lab lady came back to say sorry the machine stopped working, and they need to send the blood to George.  Now we wait.  She's going to call me back tomorrow afternoon with my results.


Oh gosh, now what?  Ok maybe I'll skip the wine until I know, either way I need to know.


I'm not getting my hopes up but I can't help but wonder...  I'm on CD33 today.

No comments:

Post a Comment