Sunday, November 28, 2010

Little ache in my heart.

I was busy having my nails done yesterday and a lady walked in with her daughter and a friend - she was sending them both in for a mini mani and a mini pedi for her daughter's birthday.  The two girls were so excited, giggling as they chose their nail varnish colours in pinks and purples.  The birthday girl asked her mom what her next birthday surprize is, and her mom told her she's going to have to wait and see and then turned to me and smiled - I don't know what came over me, I almost burst into tears but managed to crack a smile back at her.



I wondered if I will ever have a daughter who I can bring in for a mini mani when she turns 12?  I wondered again if my baby would have been a little girl?  I wondered if I will one day be able to plan surprizes for her, if my little girl will be blonde, if her eyes will be blue or green, if she'll love me as much as I'll love her?  I wondered if I'll ever get to experience that. 



I was envious of that lady, and wondered if she knows how blessed she is to have that little girl of hers. 



As I wondered all these things I had a little ache in my heart. 

1 comment:

  1. So understandable, how u're feeling!

    *HUGS* my friend - you WILL get to experience all those things u're wondering!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete