Friday, January 14, 2011

Sometimes I don't know what to say...

I'm part of the most amazing group of women, I've mentioned them before.  I think we get our strength from each other.

A special friend landed up in surgery today, she had an ectopic pregnancy.  She phoned me to tell me the news just before she went in to theatre.  My heart has been so sore, and we've been so worried about her.  I couldn't believe what I was hearing.  I reassured her that she's in good hands, the doctors are fantastic, and she's going to be fine, what else do you say? 

Needless to say the day just dragged on, like it was never going to end.  I made a card for her, everyone sent messages, and we got her some flowers, a giraffe, choccies and a magazine.  I got to the hospital at about six, and a kind guard helped me carry the flowers, they were so heavy.  He was an angel, he even let me park right there at the reception door.  She's very very sore, but she managed to crack a few smiles. The sister told me she's not allowed to get up right now. I'm so relieved that she's ok after the surgery but I think it may take a while for her to try and comprehend what just happened.  There isn't anything really, that one can say.  I didn't really know what to say, so there were some quiet moments but I guess sometimes it's good to just be there with someone, just being with them.
She wasn't sure if she'll be able to go home tomorrow.  I did ask if she's been booked off but they haven't really told her anything yet, although I did say she may be booked off for 6 weeks to heal (physically anyway). I doubt she'll be able to go home tomorrow but we'll see, you never know.  Her DHand little girl also came to visit while I was there, just before I left. The little one is such a busy body, so interested in everything around her, and checked out the nurse who came to check her mommy's bp, never taking her eyes off her. Such a beautiful girl, sure her smiles are bringing at least some comfort to her mommy.

Of course we'll all continue to think of her, and keep her in our prayers.

And with the morn those angel faces smile  Which I have loved long since and lost awhile.
~John Henry Newman

1 comment:

  1. only reading this now.. you are such a good friend my dear. thanks for the words of encouragement. wouldnt have made it through this ordeal without your support and encouraging words. big hugs.. love you lots..

    ReplyDelete